The Southern is your best choice for personal banking services, because we’ll work with you to build your personal worth and keep more of what you earn. You’ll have access to superior products and services available exclusively to members of the Credit Union. We generally charge less for loans and pay more for savings, so you always get the most for your money.
We know you have a choice about where to place your trust, so we work hard to earn your business every day. Also, we don’t pay sales commissions, so we focus on your best interests—with no hidden agendas.
Our goal is to serve our members
The Southern sets the standard for personal service and support. We serve our members with pride, experience, professionalism and personal attention:
- Instructional programs are available to help you build your personal assets and reduce your debt
- The Telephone Service Center and the TellerPhone audio response system will answer your questions
- Staff employees will assist you personally when you visit any of our convenient branch locations
Other Convenient Services
There are many ways the Credit Union makes it easier for our members to conduct their financial business any time of the day or week. You can save time (lots of time) by taking advantage of as many of these services as you choose. And, all of these conveniences come at no charge.
The ultimate in convenience – and in so many ways. You can conduct any non-currency transaction from your home or office 24-hours a day, seven days a week. You can apply for a loan, transfer funds, see which checks have cleared, etc.
Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
Direct Deposit. This is where the net dollar amount of your paycheck is deposited directly into the account of your choice. Why take your lunch hour to stand in line to make a deposit? Get it deposited electronically, automatically.
Payroll deduction. You can set aside a certain amount from each paycheck to be automatically deposited into any of your accounts, including loans, at the Credit Union. Make payments on loans, save for a vacation or end-of-year Christmas shopping spree, or contribute to an IRA-designate it however you like without having to stand in line or lick stamps.
Telephone Service Center
If you’re ready to make a transaction or just need to ask a question, our representatives are just a phone call away. You can call anytime Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time) and we can help you open an account, transfer money, or even take your loan application over the phone. Just call (770) 719-1111 or (800) 338-5882.
This service is another way you can access your account 24-hours a day, seven days a week. With a touchtone phone, your account numbers, and you Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can:
- Make balance inquiries on savings, checking, CDs, IRAs, and loans
- Transfer money between accounts
- Make withdrawal requests
- Make loan payments (including Visa)
- See if checks have cleared
- Check the date of your last deposit
- Find out dividends paid on your accounts
Just call (770) 460-7899 or (800) 922-5882 to use TellerPhone.
ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) Services
The Southern CU has five ATMs located at all five branch offices to make accessing your account easy and convenient. There are ATMs located at our Fayetteville, Griffin, Jonesboro, LaGrange, Newnan and Peachtree City branch offices.
You can use your TSCU Visa Check Card or ATM card wherever you see the Star, Cirrus, or Visa logo. There are no fees assessed when using your card at a TSCU machine. There is a nominal fee assessed when using another financial institution’s machine.
Credit Union Service Centers and Outlets
If you are unable to visit one of our full-service branch offices, members of The Southern CU may conduct transactions (deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.) at a Credit Union Service Center (CUSC) or Outlet (CUSO). A CUSC is a “shared” facility cooperatively owned by participating credit unions in Georgia. A CUSO is a service center inside the branch of another credit union. With locations nationwide, members of The Southern CU can go to these locations to conduct basic transactions for your account at The Southern CU.
When visiting a Service Center or Service Outlet, remember:
- To only go to those facilities with the “swirl” logo.
- To have your picture ID and member number available.
- That you can only conduct basic transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and making loan payments. Due to the nature of a Service Center or Outlet, members cannot take part in any of the following services: opening any account, applying for a loan, picking up a loan check, anything involving IRAs, or negotiating term share certificates.
Other Convenience Products
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Wire Transfer Service
- Free Notary Service
- VISA® Gift Cards