We are excited that you are interested in our first annual The Southern Credit Union Scholarship for Success! The Southern Credit Union is committed to supporting the education of young adults in our communities and wants to acknowledge exceptional students throughout the 11 counties we serve.
Our goal is to establish a financially supportive relationship with students that will last through college and beyond. Each year The Southern Credit Union will award 11 scholarships of $1,000 each (one for each county we serve) for educational purposes to students who are motivated in their academic endeavors, active in their schools, and contributing to their community.
Your completed scholarship application must be postmarked and video uploaded to YouTube no later than midnight, May 28, 2020.
In addition, please make sure to review the list of required documents that must be included with your completed scholarship packet. Any missing information or supporting documents may result in your application being disqualified.
How to enter:
Create a video that is 60 seconds or less answering one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a time when “hard work” paid off and how this lesson has affected your educational goals?
- Think of your first job or odd jobs you have done for extra cash. What have you learned about money and the cost of living so far, and how do you see this having an impact on how you manage your finances through college?
Submit your video and information:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Fill out and submit the application form (PDF below) with the necessary information, include support documents, and the link to your YouTube video.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight, May 28, 2020.
Applicant must be a primary member of TSCU with his/her own account and live in one of the 11 counties we serve. (Clayton, Henry, Fayette, Spalding, Butts, Coweta, Troup, Meriwether, Pike, Lamar, and Upson).
- If selected a winner and not a current credit union member, entrant will be required to open a Primary Share Account for deposit of scholarship funds.
- Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be a high school senior who has been accepted into an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university,or vocational/technical school.
- Applicant must have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or greater.
- Applicant must complete a 60 second or less video addressing one of the two questions posed above.
- Applicant is required to have a parent or guardian sign the Application Form if the applicant is younger than 18 years of age.
- Applicant agrees to have a photograph taken for use in Credit Union publications and agrees TSCU may use their name and video for any Credit Union business or advertising use.
You can email your completed paperwork to: email@example.com
or mail to:
The Southern Credit Union, Marketing Department, P.O. 1509, Fayetteville, GA 30214